Monday 7 March 2011

What is a "Kalebism"

Everyone who has a child believes there is something special about them, and that is true.
However, there are children who live in a special realm of special and anyone who has met my son Kaleb and carried on more than a 1 minute conversation with him, knows that he is indeed special among the special.

Kaleb is 7 years old but only according to his birth certificate.
He has a creative sense of logic that is indeed rare among men.
In the SK his teacher tried to convince Kaleb of the importance in learning to write his name.
His reply was " I can just tell you, can't I?"
In grade 1 we placed him in French Immersion(mistake) The teacher told him he must say "May I please go to the washroom?" en francais.
His reply was " Why? You understand english and I can speak english. So why can't I just ask you in english?"

So, if you get where I'm coming from and as I further add to my blog you'll understand a "Kalebism" when you see one.

Kalebism of the week(last week)
I tried to convince Kaleb that he shouldn't marry his older sisters best friend to whom he proposed to last year.
I told him " Yah know.. shes older than you and way taller than you and she's a vegan and you love meat....."
Kalebs reply was " Mommy, I made a commitment!(emphatically, yet matter of factly) AND we pinkie swore."
When she came to visit he reiderated his commitment and simply asked if she would be willing to cook meat for him if possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment